The Church was built in the early 1900s in Gretna, FL. After the railroads came to Florida in the late 1800s, Gretna sprang up as a turpentine town north of Tallahassee, in an area where black and white families were settling. The Church building was originally a one room schoolhouse for African American students.
With the decline of turpentine, and the stress of the Great Depression, the town of Gretna slumped. It was reincorporated in 1947, one year after Gretna’s Holy Ghost Church burned and the one room school house was converted into a church. The benches in the Church are original to the building.
Above is a photograph of Cracker Country's Packard Reed Organ. It was originally built around the turn of the last century by the Fort Wayne Organ Company of Fort Wayne, Indiana, established in 1871. The organ is made completely of solid oak, with no veneers. It was graciously donated by Mr. Wayne Warren.
Built 1900s, moved to Cracker Country in 1979, first Florida State Fair 1980