Now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
Cracker Country has much to offer those in the History Connectors Program. Learning about rural Florida’s history helps them to gain a sense of pride in the community and themselves, and helps them realize the importance of preserving its heritage. Through researching, studying buildings, and learning trades, participants will build self confidence, gain valuable skills, and have fun.
History Connectors depict the lives of early Florida settlers by wearing historical costuming and interpreting rural Florida history at various special events and educational programs. This program is a wonderful opportunity for teens to develop leadership skills, to give back to the community, and to meet new people of all ages.
Participants are assigned to historical sites to interpret Florida’s history and trades, answer questions, and behave in a responsible and professional manner.
• Gain real-world work experience
• Develop public speaking opportunities
• Earn volunteer hours
• Learn about rural Florida history, folklife, and traditional trades
• Age: 13-17 (all individuals must turn 13 by December 31, 2019)
• Applicants accepted until August 31st, or until all positions have been filled.
• Please submit History Connector Application and Background check (see History Connector links below) by mail to:
Attn: Melissa Sullebarger
P.O. Box 11766
Tampa, Fl. 33680
• Attend historic content & museum techniques training
• Public history interpretation at various museum openings
• A commitment of at least one year of service (September - June)