The J.R. Terry Store was built in the 1800s by the grandfather of Florida’s Governor Lawton Chiles. In 1920, it was bought by Jack Roundtree Terry and his wife, Maude Sparkman Terry. It served as a general store in Fort White, Florida until 1988. In 1992 it was donated to Cracker Country by the Terry’s sons, Jimmy and Bill Terry.
The J.R. Terry Store currently holds a collection of many original items from the period.
Built 1800s, moved to Cracker Country in 1992, first Florida State Fair 1993